Lambda-HindIII ladder

M. Alexeyev malexeyev at biost1.thi.tmc.edu
Fri Oct 27 09:52:42 EST 1995

In article <46q4dh$boe at agate.berkeley.edu>,
tommyc at caa32.alumni.berkeley.edu (Thomas Chuang) wrote:

> Greetings,
>

>      I was wondering if anyone knows of the percentage of DNA content
> corresponding to each band of HindIII-digested lambda DNA. I am trying to
> determine the concentration of my "GeneClean'ed" DNA and require a
> percentage chart. Thanks ahead of time.

Dear Thomas:

The percentage of DNA content in each band is equal to the percentage of
the fragment length of total lambda length (48 502 bp , if I am not
mistaken). You can easily calculate it yourself. Make sure to heat
lambda/HindIII marker before running your gel: the fragments  4361 and
21360 bp tend to stick together through 11 base cos ends that leads to
underrepresentation of 4361 band. 5 min at 65oC is usually enough.

M.A.