background in 2 hybrid system

bbraun at bbraun at
Fri Oct 27 04:56:44 EST 1995

You do not mention this, but does is this strain truly dependent on His
without the bait plasmid?  I have not done a two hybrid screen, but
I would hesitate to proceed without two independent tests of interaction.
Also, the His selection allows you to plate a large number of transformants
and still get a reasonable number of viable colonies.

My $0.02,