competent cell preparation

Ken Howe howe at DARWIN.UCSC.EDU
Tue Oct 31 14:39:44 EST 1995

I believe the reference you're looking for is:
  C.T. Chung et al (1989)
  PNAS USA V86:2172-2175
  One step preparation of competent E. coli: Transformation and storage
  of bacterial cells in the same solution.

My advisor keeps pushing me to try this method, but I just haven't had
the time to do it (imagine that), so I can't lend any opinions on the
matter.

Ken Howe
"The onions expressed here are my own"