GST fusion protein--pl help

Tay Hou Ngee Agnes mcbtayhn at leonis.nus.sg
Tue Oct 24 19:58:05 EST 1995

When I worked with GST fusion proteins and had an insoluble porduct I
tried adding 6M guanidinium hydrochloride and it worked well. Had to
dialyze off the guanidnium but at least I obtained enough protein to work
with. Not sure though if your protein will be adversely affected.
Have never tried the protease-def bugs as someone else tried them and
found no improvement for her proteins. If solubility is your problem
rather than degradation, I dont think you need to worry abt using
protease-def strains.
Hope this helps.