Determining quality of polyA+ RNA

Jeff Nemeth jan016 at lulu.acns.nwu.edu
Tue Oct 31 16:41:02 EST 1995

Marc,
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but a question.  I have been
isolating mRNA from small amounts of tissue, and always have a very hard
time quantitating the RNA.  I have too little to measure on a
spectrophotometer, and DNA dipsticks are awful.  Is it possible to
quantitate by running mRNA on a gel?  How much do you need to run to be
able to see 18 and 28s bands?  Agarose or acrylamide gel?

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.  I'm desperate.
 Jeff N.