DNA extraction from blood

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 05:21:09 EST 1995

Kizanne Davies (u2527314 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au) wrote:
: I would like to know of any easy and reliable methods for extracting DNA from
: frozen blood (sheep).  At present we use a high salt method, that I don't
: find that reliable in my hands.  Any comments or references would be helpful.

I've just been reading McIndoe et al. (1995), "Single tube genomic DNA
isolation from whole blood without pre-isolating white blood cells"
BioTechniques 19:30-33.  I don't know if this would work with thawed
blood, but the references therein might be of use.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Boyd          | from,  \MRC Human Genetics Unit / Western General Hospital
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk| not for \        Crewe Road / Edinburgh EH4 2XU / Scotland