Quantitative PCR/ HELP

g.coulton g.coulton at cxwms.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 08:37:53 EST 1995

Gary Coulton Dept. Biochemistry, Charing Cross Medical School, London,
UK.

I have enjoyed reading all the stuff on quantitative PCR and learned a
great deal.  However, my particular problem is that I want to quantitate
the relative levels of up to six myosin heavy chain genes in skeletal
muscles.  I want to be able to follow the shifts in amount with
developmental stage etc.  They vary little in sequence except at their
untranslated ends.  If specific primers are made to each gene it may be
difficult to make them equally efficient.

Has anyone cracked this problem before, as I don't want to re-invent the
wheel.

Thanks in advance

Gary Coulton