Green Fluorescent Protein cDNA needed

Ivica Cerina gki2 at
Fri Sep 1 10:06:21 EST 1995

On 30 Aug 1995, Yves HATZFELD wrote:

> Hello Netters!
> I would like to study the regulation of the activity of a plant
> promoter by using GFP instead of GUS. Does anyone could give it to me,
> or know who I could contact??
> Thank you in advance for the help.
> Yves.

Hi Yves,

Try CLONTECH. In the last CLONTECHniques issue (July '95) there was a
report of "the first commercially available vector for transient
expression of GFP in plants". It's called p35S-GFP and containes a
strong, constitutive 35S promoter of the cauliflower mosaic virus.
e-mail adress: tech at

Hope this helps, good luck.

Ivica Cerina, PhD                    e-mail: gki2 at
Haemostasis Research Unit
MPI f. physiol. u. klin. Forschung
Sprudelhof 11
61231 Bad Nauheim