Hyb Solutions

Alan Lyons lyons at cyclid.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 09:21:15 EST 1995

In article <42fais$167 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, robrien at ollamh.ucd.ie wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me if hybridisation solutions (formamide, Denhardts',
> SSPE, SDS etc...) can be stored frozen? At the moment, I keep
> Denhardts' stock solution at -20 and make up the hybridisation
> solutions just prior to use. Can I prepare aliquots of hyb solution
> and thaw them out as needed?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
> Rory

Yes you can store ready made hyb mix for up to six months at -20oC. I
leave out the ssDNA though and denature that just before prehybing.
Otherwise I think the ssDNA may renature on thawing.
Hope this message works this is the fist time Ive ever replied!.

   \\    //          Alan Lyons           \\    //
    \\  // Email  lyons at cyclid.demon.co.uk \\  //
      ||        Tel.   01753 534655          ||
      ||        Fax.   01753 536632          ||
      ||      Molecular Biology Dept.        ||
      ||      Celltech Therapeutics plc.     ||