Help on site-directed mut

Harold Drabkin harold.drabkin at channel1.com
Wed Sep 6 00:27:00 EST 1995

Subject: Help on site-directed mutagenesis kit

E>Could someone advise me on what is the best kit to buy
E>to perform site-directed mutagenesis on a long cDNA.
E>What I mean buy best is easy to handle, fast and good
E>results. How about Chameleon from Statagene? Thanks in
E>advance.

I use the Amersham kit routinely.  It's a bit on the expensive side, but
the results are very good.
One word of caution, however:  Unless you wish to sequence verify the
entire gene, I would consider subcloning the smallest fragment needed to
mutagenize and sequence verify, then clone it back into the full
construct.
---
 * OLXWin 1.00 * 141