Can M-MuLV RT incorporate [F]dUTPs?

Garry P. Larson glarson at ccmail.llu.edu
Fri Sep 8 15:29:50 EST 1995

The title speaks for itself.  I would like to perform some quantative
primer extensions to be analysed on an ABI 373.  I would rather not
complicate the RNA quantitation by doing a subsequent PRC with [F]dUTP
after the reverse transcription step.  Therefore, why not do a straight RT
mediated primer extension in the presence of [F]dUTP with M-MuLV.  If you
have used fluorescently tagged oligos or [F]dUTP to quantitate RNA's,
please drop me a line.  The same ? applies with AMV RT.

Thanx,
GLarson