Leaking film cassettes

Eric Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Fri Sep 8 14:38:13 EST 1995

In article <42nvv4$n28 at masala.cc.uh.edu>, Dan Wells <DWELLS at UH.EDU> wrote:

> jmanalig at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu (jose) wrote:
> >Here's a basic question.  I've got a whole bunch of Xray film cassettes
> >that leak, usually only from one corner or another.  Is there a quick and
> >cheap way to salvage these things? I'd appreciate any info on this.
> >

>  We have used Xray cassette secruity bags from Midwest Sci.  (32.90 for
the 17x21 size).  They are fairly sturdy and keep the casset=
> tes light tight.  In a pinch you can always rely on a heavy duty black
garbage bag.

you can also go to a craft or fabric store, buy some new thick, black felt
and re-felt the top of the cassette using some of that spray adhesive
photo mounting stuff.  this works really well but is kind of time
intesive.  i reccomend using this only if your lab has a work-study
student sitting around with nothing to do.  that's the way my old lab did
it...unfortunately it was when i was the work-study student sitting around
with nothing to do.  after i wasn't the work-study student any longer the
lab just bought the bags instead.

eric

--
Eric C. Anderson