Protein standards for DENATURING (9M urea) IEF

Tom Thatcher ttha at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Mon Sep 11 11:56:27 EST 1995

In <431k65$sr1 at cronkite.ocis.temple.edu> driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu (Stephen P. Driska PhD) writes:

>[ Article crossposted from bionet.molbio.proteins ]
>[ Author was Stephen P. Driska PhD ]
>[ Posted on 11 Sep 1995 15:18:19 GMT ]

>	Many companies sell protein standards for isoelectric focusing
>(IEF), but it seems that nearly all of the products are intended for
>NON-DENATURING IEF of native proteins.  I'm looking for a standard
>mixture for IEF under denaturing conditions, e.g. 9M urea, Nonidet P-40,
>dithioerythritol.

There is a product from [this was a couple of years ago] ISS, Integrated
Separations Systems, (which is also Enprotech?).  It is a single protein
with a pI near 7 which has been carbamylated, so it forms a ladder
from 7 to 4.5.

--
Tom Thatcher                          | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis,
University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it