acidic phenol

Richard Rohan rrohan at
Mon Sep 11 22:28:37 EST 1995

Phenol saturated with buffer will definitely go bad.  Store phenol saturated
with ddH2O and buffer saturate just prior to use (and only the amount you
need).  Which is better, to waste reagent or possibly degrade your samples?

Rich Rohan

ynakao at wrote:

>Usually, phenol satulated with buffer is getting acidic. Is it possible to
>resatulated this acidic phenol with newly made buffer?
>Though I know this sounds stupid question, I don't want to waste the
>                               Thanks.
>                                      Yoshifumi Nakao

Rich Rohan, PhD (rrohan at
Independent Molecular Biology Consultant to the Internet
Moderator REPRENDO at - Reproductive Endocrinology List