Setting up a lab at home

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at
Mon Sep 11 08:17:59 EST 1995

In article <42r9to$fof at>,
   sullivan at (Steven Sullivan) wrote:
>Didn't a British fellow win teh Nobel prize years ago for work on
>mitochondria (respiration pathways) that he performed at home?
>I remember being told that he was rather wealthy -- lived in a castle
You are probably referring to Peter Mitchell - won the Nobel Prize for
his chemiosmotic theory of energy coupling. Mitchell set up his own
independent research centre in a remote part of Cornwall. I'm not sure
if this is what you would call a home laboratory.

Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763