Help : The Alf Express automatic sequencer !!

dmncli02 at dmncli02 at
Tue Sep 12 07:36:28 EST 1995

Greetings All

My department is looking into buying an automatic sequencer from Pharmacia -
the Alf Express system. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from folk who
have had experience with this system. They claim that you can read 1000 bp off
good templates - is this realistic "in the real world" ?

Please e-mail your replies to cliff at as there is no guarantee
that our news-reader / news site will be operational at any given moment.

Thanks in advance
Cliff Dominy

Department of Microbiology
University of Cape Town