Azide inhibition of HRP

Alex Morla amorla at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 12 16:11:11 EST 1995

Perhaps this was unknown only to me, but today I learned (after botching
up three experiments) that horse radish peroxidase is inhibited by azide.
If you use azide in your wash and/or incubation buffers for western
blotting ECL analyses you will get virtually No Signal. This isn't even
stated in the literature from Amersham! I guess they figure nobody uses
azide as a preservative. >:-|
So it goes.
--
Dr. Alex Morla