Precipitate in DIG Hybridization Solution?

h.woo h.woo at sct.gu.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 01:30:37 EST 1995

I have noticed presence of precipitate, at the end of pre-hybridization
and hybridization, in the hybridization solution recommended for
DIG-labelled probes by Boehringer Mannheim. The composition of the
solution is as follows:

5xSSC
1% Blocking reagent
0.1% N-lauroylsarcosine
0.02% SDS

Do other DIG users have similar observation? Can this cause failure of
hybridization?

I did the hybridization at 51C inside a Hybaid roller-bottle oven.
Heating the solution containing the precipitate in boiling water bath for
10 min did not dissolve the precipitate.