Batteries for Rainin pipetteman?

Sarah K. Highlander sarahh at
Thu Sep 14 14:50:38 EST 1995

goran at (G.P.) wrote:
>Anyone knows of a cheap(er) source for batteries for Rainin's
>pipetteman which uses 3.6 V batteries which are of a size of
>a regular 1.5 V - size D battery?
>Here in Germany they are selling them for cca. 130 DM (80 US$) EACH.
>Any ideas how to overcome this problem ?
>e-mail: goran at

I get mine from a place in Pennsylvania called Power Components.
They charge $15 a battery. The part number is TL220/S, 3.6 volt C cell.

Sarah K. Highlander, Ph.D
Department of Microbiology   (__==__)        email: sarahh at
  & Immunology                 (oo)       *  Voice: 713-798-6311
Baylor College of Medicine      \/-------/   FAX    713-798-7375
One Baylor Plaza                 ||    ||
Houston, TX  77030-3498          ||    ||