Hybridization Ovens

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Fri Sep 15 11:23:08 EST 1995

In Article <myersm-1109950852090001 at myersm2-mac.rockefeller.edu>,
myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu (Michael Myers) wrote:
>In article <42vv8p$2eu at news.bu.edu>, Hector Lucero <hlucero at acs.bu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I need to get an hybridization oven for the lab. I would like to receive
>>comments from people using that type of instrument.
>>

>We have been using the small 4 bottle capacity unit from Bellco for about
>three years now. It has never failed, and I used it throughout a large
>cloning project involving  a ton of southern blots. The Bellco bottles are
>a tad fragile, but you can always use bottles from a different
>manufacturer.
>
>--
>Michael Myers
>The Laboratory of Genetics
>The Rockefeller University
>212-327-8233
>myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu

I've been using a Bellco for a couple of years now and like it very much.
They have replacement bottles available in case you break them. One thing to
consider is getting a model with bottles having a slightly larger diameter.
I like the Bellco fine, but it would be even nicer if the bottles were a bit
larger. Of course, this means using more buffer and thus larger waste
disposal bills.
    Tracy