mRNA isolation questions

Jim Hutchins hutchins at fiona.umsmed.edu
Fri Sep 15 12:48:37 EST 1995

Edward Wang (ez022056 at dale.ucdavis.edu) wrote:
[First question deleted because I can't answer it :-)]
: My second question is what is the best way to get mRNA into solution
: without compromising the integrity of the mRNA if
: you dried your pellet too much and it won't go into solution at normal
: conditions.

You can heat it to 65 deg C without harming it.  5-15 min should do it.
Be aware that most RNase inhibitors are inactivated by this treatment,
so if you use an inhibitor, you might want to add it back after heating.

--
Jim Hutchins
Assoc Prof Anatomy, Asst Prof Neurology (Research), Univ Mississippi Med Ctr