Whic PCR machines work for Long PCR

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 04:26:59 EST 1995

In article: <tedm-1609952127380001 at cisco-ts5-line18.uoregon.edu>
tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu (Ted M.) writes:

> I have never used this but am dubious about Stratagene products (several
> mechanical failures have been recounted here) How does this Corbett
> machine hot start a capillary? I thought the only way was using a
> TaqStart antibody to do this.

The capillaries are plastic positive displacement pipette tips so when
you suck up your samples you can put in a small air gap to separate mixes
etc. Seal the capillaries and put on the machine. When the temp reaches 95C
push the plungers down and the two mixes come into contact = hot start.
> Whats the longest someone has extended on a capillary machine/air cycler?

I wish I knew. Is anyone out there doing long PCR? I've had little in the
way of replies to this post save MJ Research!