Northern Blot - METHYLENE BLUE

H. Yim hyim at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:32:28 EST 1995

 Try this reference:  RNA blots:  staining procedures and optimization of
conditions.  Wilkinson et al.  NAR 19(3):679  (1990).  They used
methylene blue to stain the entire blot and claim that they got only a
30% reduction in hybridization signal after probing.  Good Luck.

Harry Yim, Ph.D.
Children's Hospital and Medical Center
Department of Infectious Diseases
CH-32