Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kits

Robert Horton horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Tue Sep 19 13:12:55 EST 1995

Andy Kravetz (akravetz at Walden.MO.NET) wrote:

: Robert Horton (horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu) wrote:
: > ...
: > It is still considered good form to cite sources, even on the Net.
:
: Robert is right and I should have posted the sources. I was not
: trying to take any credit, merely trying to help a fellow scientist
: out.  If my intentions were misconsrued, then I am sorry...

On re-reading my previous reply, I see it is more harshly worded than I
intended. Andy was being helpful, and I hope I haven't discouraged him
from speaking up in the future. Sorry.

I hope people realize that asking folks to cite sources for methods is
not *just* an ego thing. Referencing papers in this group (hopefully)
increases their chances of being cited in press, which helps people
justify the effort they spend developing methods. And the papers do
tend to go into greater detail than the posts. Besides that, being cited
gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling :)

But I promise to try to be nicer about it from now on.

Robert M. Horton (PhD!) /\ "Crash programs fail because of the theory that
U of M Dermatology Dept || with nine women pregnant you get a baby a month"
Box 98 UMHC, 4-154 PWB /||\ -W. von Braun.   Disclaimer: "Bob who?"
Minneapolis, MN 55455   ^^   horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu       (612)625-8941