Long PCR from lambda phage clone

Jim Voeller voeller at his.com
Tue Sep 19 08:28:38 EST 1995

I have tried unsuccessfully to amplify a 20 kb genomic DNA in lambda
phage. The insert is flanked by T3 and T7 promoter sights and so I have
tried using those primers to amplify by long PCR using eLONGase from
BRL/Life Technology. Primer analysis software (OLIGO) tells me that the T3
and T7 primers really suck for PCR but I still want to make them work. Any
ideas to help? Any one else ever used these primers or another source of

Jim Voeller
Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA
voeller at his.com