Long PCR from lambda phage clone

Jim Voeller voeller at his.com
Tue Sep 19 08:28:38 EST 1995

I have tried unsuccessfully to amplify a 20 kb genomic DNA in lambda
phage. The insert is flanked by T3 and T7 promoter sights and so I have
tried using those primers to amplify by long PCR using eLONGase from
BRL/Life Technology. Primer analysis software (OLIGO) tells me that the T3
and T7 primers really suck for PCR but I still want to make them work. Any
ideas to help? Any one else ever used these primers or another source of
reagent?

--
Jim Voeller
Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA
voeller at his.com