Protease deficient hosts for expression

LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET
Mon Sep 18 15:34:34 EST 1995

Regarding your request for protease deficient strains, you may want to try
BL21.  It is deficient in the ompT protease.  However, I have to mention
that sometimes when I have used His tags, I experienced the same problems
you say you are having.  Reconstructing the clone to express without the
His tags got rid of the problem.  So, you may have a protein folding problem.
Maybe someone else can recommend another strain you can try too.  Good luck.
Laura Moen  LKM100F at ODUVM.cc.odu.edu  U.S.