MOL. BIO. SOFTWARE FOR SILICON GRAPHICS COMPUTER?

HOPE BINA at UNIXG.UBC.CA
Thu Sep 21 00:19:19 EST 1995

HI ALL:

WE RECENTLY PURCHASED A SILICON GRAPHICS COMPUTER AND I WAS ASKED TO FIND A
GOOD MOLECULAR BIOLOGY SOFTWARE PACKAGE TO RUN ON IT.  SINCE I KNOW ABSOLUTLY
NOTHING ABOUT THIS TYPE OF COMPUTER I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS
EXPERIENCE WITH MOL. BIO. PACKAGES FOR THIS TYPE OF COMPUTER AND COULD GIVE ME
SOME ADVICE ON WHICH IS THE BEST SOFTWARE.

THE SOFTWARE WILL BE USED MOSTLY FOR DNA SEQUENCE EDITING/MANIPULATION AND
PROTEIN/DNA SEQUENCE ANALYSIS. WE ARE ESPECIALLY INTEREST IN SOFTWARE THAT IS
EASY AND CONVIENT TO USE.

THANKS.