"recycling" Qiagen plasmid prep columns

"Marianne Leverone ", BIO leverone at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Wed Sep 20 08:12:18 EST 1995

John:  I have reused Qiagen 100 columns and I get the same yield each
reuse for about 4 times (although the yield does seem to drop a little
bit each use).  I use one type of plasmid per column and after
elution of the plasmid, I just let the column dry at room temp. then
store it in a plastic bag until it gets reused.  I used to wash the
column with wash buffer and then add elution buffer before drying but I
found that this didn't help and sometimes the column got clogged up.
Marianne Leverone, Univ. of South Florida, Biology Dept. Tampa, FL