freeze-drier for HPLC fractions

Rajesh Krishnamurthy krishnam at umbc.edu
Wed Sep 20 02:57:57 EST 1995

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, John K. Troyer wrote:

> Denni:
>

> ACN and TFA are not very good for the pump.  However, I have used a Savant
> "Speed-Vac" with a cold trap to dry my HPLC samples instead of a
> classic freeze drier.  As long as the cold trap is maintained, there should
> be little damage to the pump.  Hope this helps.

Yep, I would agree with that assessment. Even we use a speed-vac (Savant)
for drying samples and it has worked out pretty well thus far.

Good Luck

> Regards,
>
> John

> John K. Troyer, PhD
> University of Maryland School of Medicine
> Departmant of Biological Chemistry
> (410) 706-7518
> jtroyer at umabnet.ab.umd.edu

A reasonable man tries to adapt himself to the world. An unreasonable man
tries to adapt the world to himself. So it is quite obvious that all
progress depends on the unreasonable man. :-)

quotes from the graves - G.B.Shaw
Rajesh Krishnamurthy
E-mail: krishnam at umbc7.umbc.edu
        http://research.umbc.edu/~krishnam