Hot Start PCR

T. S. Grewal sasgrewl at reading.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 07:41:25 EST 1995

Hi Jose,
I have been using TaqStart antibody (ClonTech) for hot start PCRs.
It works really well for us, especially for random priming PCR. It is
a bit more expensive than other systems (wax beads etc.) but i find
it very conveinent to use - what i do is prepare a 50 x polymerase
mix containing Taq plus TaqStart. This mix can be stored at -20 C and
is ready to add direct to the PCR tubes. No hassles.
(ps these are my views etc.)