TdT with DNA sequencing

Benoît Grondin GrondiB at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Fri Sep 22 08:51:00 EST 1995

Hi!

We had also some sequencing problem with GC rich regions. We used the tDt
step according to DeShazer et al Biotechniques 17, 288-289. At some piont
we had also to separate the samples on highly denaturing gel that
included formamide according to Kapelner et al BioTechniques 17,64-67.
Beware of these urea/formamide gel: they have to be loaded warm (so it
does't let you a lot of time before polymerization) and they are very
hard to dry (for that cover them after drying with baby powder).