Non radioactive labelling and detection

h.woo h.woo at sct.gu.edu.au
Sat Sep 23 08:14:29 EST 1995

<rcha244 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>Im looking for some feedback on peoples experience of commercially
>available kits for non radioctive labelling and detection. I'm
>about to start using non radioactive methods for the first time and
>was hoping that somebody can recommend one. If anybody uses home made
>kits I'd be interested to hear your comments.Thanks for the help.
>
>Paul Crossey

I am using Boehringer's DIG labelling kit for dot blot and southern blot.
Just a few observations as follows:

1. Less sensitive than P32 probe, therefore you need to put more target
DNA on membrane.

2. DIG-labelled fragment probe seems more sensitive than DIG-labelled
oligo probe.

3. Re-probing membrane appears inconsistent.