Alternative to Glogos Autorad Markers

Roger Anderson rogera at
Sun Sep 24 20:45:09 EST 1995

wgallin at (Warren Gallin) wrote:
>In Article <43q303$nnv at>, ddh at (dinakar
>bhattramakki) wrote:
>>Hi, Is there any autorad marker in the market other than Stratagene's
>>"GlogosII" ? I found Glogos are kinda expensive (300 markers:$126).
>>Moreover they do not sell smaller size lots.
>>Thanks in advance.
>Go to any art store and get a 10 ml bottle of fluorescent (actually
>phosphorescent) paint.  They often have it in the kids section.  Use it to
>paint numbers, letters, dots, whatever on some sticky labels.  Works like a
>charm for a number of people, including me.
>Warren Gallin,
>Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
>wgallin at

I used a plastic glow-in-the-dark shoelace that I cut into small dots.
It worked great. The glow only lasted a few minutes so I never got an
overexposure no matter how long I had to leave my filters to expose. They
don't work for phosphoimagers however.

Some cheap kids stickers work nice too but they are not reusable.

Good Luck,
Roger Anderson

Publisher, Anderson Publications        PO Box 36
rogera at                         Monrovia, CA 91017-0036
Anderson's Timesaving Comparative Guide; Restriction Enzyme Edition and
Anderson's Timesaving Comparative Guides on the Web
URL           Voice/FAX (818) 358-0579