Alternative to Glogos Autorad Markers

Roger Anderson rogera at atcg.com
Sun Sep 24 20:45:09 EST 1995

wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Warren Gallin) wrote:
>In Article <43q303$nnv at crcnis3.unl.edu>, ddh at unlinfo.unl.edu (dinakar
>bhattramakki) wrote:
>>Hi, Is there any autorad marker in the market other than Stratagene's
>>"GlogosII" ? I found Glogos are kinda expensive (300 markers:$126).
>>Moreover they do not sell smaller size lots.
>>Thanks in advance.
>
>Go to any art store and get a 10 ml bottle of fluorescent (actually
>phosphorescent) paint.  They often have it in the kids section.  Use it to
>paint numbers, letters, dots, whatever on some sticky labels.  Works like a
>charm for a number of people, including me.
>
>Warren Gallin,
>Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
>wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

I used a plastic glow-in-the-dark shoelace that I cut into small dots.
It worked great. The glow only lasted a few minutes so I never got an
overexposure no matter how long I had to leave my filters to expose. They
don't work for phosphoimagers however.

Some cheap kids stickers work nice too but they are not reusable.

Good Luck,
Roger Anderson

--
Publisher, Anderson Publications        PO Box 36
rogera at atcg.com                         Monrovia, CA 91017-0036