IS IT OK TO LIGATE AT RT OVERNIGHT?

Graham Dellaire popa0206 at PO-Box.McGill.CA
Mon Sep 25 16:15:30 EST 1995

>   mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz (Martin Kennedy) writes:
>  In article <43lfht$ilk at nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>, bina at unixg.ubc.ca (rew) writes:
>
>  > 1. I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A 15C INCUBATOR AND WAS WONDERING IF
ANYONE CAN TELL
>  > ME IF THER IS A PROBLEM WITH DOING LIGATIONS AT RT OVERNIGHT?
>
>  Try checking the temperature of the butter conditioner in your
>  fridge.  Ours runs at 16deg, often they are at 14 deg.  Ligase
>  works fine at RT, but if you are doing it overnight maybe you
>  ought to just do it at 4 deg - that works fine.
>
>  --
>  Cheers,
>
>  Martin

I always do my ligations at 16 degrees o/n  I have heard of lots of different protocols at just about
every temp.  even 65 degrees for 5 minutes before then ice then add ligase and leave o/n at 4
degrees.

Just about everything works if you add enough enzyme : )