PCR with 7-deaza-2'-deoxyguanosine triphosphate

Dale Levitzke Dlevitzke at medicine.newcastle.edu.au
Mon Sep 25 00:42:46 EST 1995

HI, Greg.  Yes I have had some experiance using the 7-deaza analog.
Most of my experiance has come from it's use in amplifying highly GC
rich templates such as the Fragile X GCC repeat region.  7-deaza tends
to stabalize otherwise unstable templates and aids in the amplification
of templates that suffer from secondary structures.  I would suggest a
7-deaza titration of 25%, 50% and 75% deaza to dGTP in your reactions.
Also using DMSO at around 5-10% in conjunction with the above titrations
may help as thiss will help decrease the melting temp of your template,
goog luck !!!