library screening question

Peter Thoren genpt at strix.udac.uu.se
Wed Sep 27 15:34:05 EST 1995

Hello netters,

This question might seem pretty basic but I need to ask it anyway... I am
going to screen my library with short oligonucleotides in order to find clones
containing microsatellites. This library have been transfered to non-charged
nylon membranes (Boehringer) and the positives are going to be detected with
Boehringers Luminescens kit. My question is: We are going to put the filters
in hybridization tubes and hybridize in an hybridization owen (Hybaid), how
many filters can we put on top of eachother in the tubes without riscing bad
hybridization?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Thoren
Dept.of Genetics