(no subject)

doug davis ddavis at biosci.mbp.missouri.edu
Thu Sep 28 19:25:29 EST 1995

I am currently trying to generate DIG-labeled RNA probes by in vitro
transcription. I am working with pBluescript KS+ with a 1.1 kb insert in
the Sal I site. The insert is rather AT rich (>70%). I have tried to
make the probe several times, but have consistently obtained very low
yields (500 ng when about 5ug was expected). Technical assistance at the
manufacturer hasn't been informative. Does anyone have experience making
these probes and is there any special hand-waving involved? I'll be glad
for any help.

Doug Davis