Methyl mercury treatment

Jim Hutchins hutchins at fiona.umsmed.edu
Thu Sep 28 21:57:57 EST 1995

OK, we all know (or should know) how the incredibly toxic compound methyl
mercury renders all nucleic acids single-stranded.  (BTW, it works great
for mRNA preparation for RT in library production, improved our yield
10-fold.)

The question is, HOW does it work?  No one seems to know.

You can send me a reference if you have one, I just need a pointer to the
primary literature.

--
Jim Hutchins
Assoc Prof Anatomy, Asst Prof Neurology (Research), Univ Mississippi Med Ctr