RT-PCR

Peter Nilsson peter.nilsson at klinkemi.umu.se
Mon Sep 25 10:12:29 EST 1995

Hello,

I have used the rTth enzyn from Perkin Elmer for RT-PCR for a couple of years I am now interested to learn if anyone
 has compared the yield when using this odd enzyme as compared to the traditional Reverse transcriptases (AMV and M-MuLV)
in combination with Taq.

My second question is if anyone now if you need as much as 200 units/µg total RNA of the rt-enzym to get a acceptable yield.
I would guess that these amounts are for cDNA synthesis in cloning experiments and not titrated for RT-PCR.

Thanks, Peter Nilsson, Clinical Chemistry Dept. Umeå University Hospital, Sweden.