software for detecting introns?

Sean Eddy eddy at
Thu Sep 28 08:25:03 EST 1995

In article <4484l1$ipr at> sullivan at (Steven Sullivan) writes:
  >I used to know an internet addresss where I could send a sequence to be
  >automatically checked for intron/exon boundaries -- but I've lost it!

In what organism, and how accurate do you need the answer to be?

Human genefinding (intron/exon prediction) is a notoriously high-class
problem. Programs are improving but are still substantially
inaccurate. Online resources for human genefinding include:

Gene Finder:

There may be servers out there for GeneID and GeneParser, too, but I
don't have addresses at hand for them.

- Sean Eddy
- Dept. of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine
- eddy at