which electroporator ?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 28 13:40:57 EST 1995

In article <44du3v$fi6 at mailedv.rz.mdc-berlin.de>,
   bhassel at orion.rz.mdc-berlin.de (Burkhard Hassel) wrote:

>Our group wants to purchase an electroporator, so Id like you to give me some
>brief information about the mashines you are working with (reliability /
>efficiency).

What do you intent to use the eleporator for? Bacteria or eukariots?
It's crucial. The most fool-proof choice (compatibility with
most other users) is to buy Bio-Rad main unit + "pulse controller"
(= an array of resistors in the box; useful for bacteria) +
"capacotor extender" (= an array of capacitors in the box; useful for
eukariots).

Hope it helps.

- Dima