(no subject)

David Ley David_Ley at ncsu.edu
Fri Sep 29 08:34:39 EST 1995

I am interested in digital imaging methodology for analysis and
comparison of RAPD profiles.  Does anyone know if/how NIH-Image
(freeware for the Mac) can be used to analyze photos of DNA banding
patterns resulting from Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD)
analysis?  In particular, I wonder if the Plotting Analysis tool can be
used to compare banding patterns from gels run at different times not
just within the same gel.  I seems to me that some sort of calibration
or standardization based on DNA size markers would be needed.  Thanks
for any help, dl.