Removal of glycogen from DNA

J Ross jrj at
Fri Sep 29 08:07:54 EST 1995

We need to remove large quantities of glycogen from high molecular weight DNA.
 The DNA molecular weight must remain high, and we have approximately equal
masses of DNA and glycogen.  We have tried ion exchange with DEAE sephacel and
 digestion with amylase.  Neither has worked well.  Any suggestions for
low-shear techniques for glycogen removal would be greatly appreciated.
Please reply by post or by email to jrj at

Jeff Ross
Biochemistry and Pathobiology Branch
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Lab