transform bacteria with linear DNA?

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 03:03:43 EST 1995

We recently did some USE mutagenesis and wondered how efficiently
linearised plasmid transformed into E.coli relative to supercoiled. We used
the host TOP10 r-m- recA mcr- (Invitrogen) and in three independant
electroporations on different days ('cos we didn't believe the
results) found that linear plasmid electroporated at only roughly 10-3 down
on supercoiled. This was much higher than we expected.

Duncan