Commercial source of cre protein

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 30 08:43:23 EST 1995

 In article <06c60d80 at pwinet.upj.com>, RVDESHP0 at PWINET.UPJ.COM wrote:

> I think, you are searching for CREB proteins.

Nope, I am after purified cre (orig from coliphage P1) to do in vitro loxP
site specific recombination.

The bacterial strains that express cre are no use to me unless there is an
easy purification method.

Du Pont NEN used to sell it, but now they dont and I've almost run out.

Any suggestions?

--
John Dixon                                        Lab 44 (1223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute                            Fax 44 (1223) 334134
United Kingdom                           e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk