proteinase pretreatment???

Chi-Kuang Wen cwen at aux.btny.purdue.edu
Mon Apr 1 17:51:02 EST 1996

Dear Netters:

  For proteinase preparation, it is mentioned in Molecular Cloning(by
Maniatis) that pronase needs a preatment to remove any DNase or RNase
activity, but this pretreatment is not required for proteinase K.  Is
there any reason that proteinase K is not required for the pretreatment?
   Someone said to me that proteinase K digested the DNase or RNase very
quickly and is not required for pre-treatment; but this is just a
thought.  IS anyone there can tell me any citation concerning this
thought?

any thoughts are welcome.

regards,

Chi-Kuang