Peptide Nucleic Acids (PNA)

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Mon Apr 1 16:58:32 EST 1996

Hi Mick,

I keep receiving flyers from a company called Perseptive about pna's

they sound real interesting....although no time to go to their seminars on
this..

I believe Perseptive are in MA....an address for them may be in the biotech
registry (http://www.data-transport.com

Martin

Mick Jones (mjones at rpms.ac.uk) wrote:
: Hi netters

: I was wondering about the commercial availability of reagents for the chemical
: synthesis of PNAs (peptide or protein nucleic acids).  These analogues
: (apparently) bind more tightly to DNA strands than a complemantary
: oligonucleotide.

: PNAs are nucleic acid analogues in which the phospho-sugar backbone is replaced by
: a peptide linkage maintaining the correct stereo-chemical base spacing as in
: natural DNA.

: We are consideing synthesizing our own PNA sequences and would be very grateful if
: anybody could provide advice, where to buy the reagents and their cost, and how
: difficult it is to do, etc.  Anything really.

: Thanks in advance.

: Mick Jones

: _____________________________________________________________________
: Mick Jones                      Tel: 081-740-3328 (+44-81-740-3328)
: Department of Virology          FAX: 081-743-8331 (+44-81-743-8331)
: RPMS,  Du Cane Road              Email: mjones at rpms.ac.uk
: London,  W12 0NN,  UK          URL: http://www.rpms.ac.uk/virology/virolhome.html
: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."   Ace Rimmer (Red Dwarf)
: "Crackin' toast, Gromit."    Wallace (The Wrong Trousers)

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"

My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html