PCR off membranes

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Wed Apr 3 13:50:50 EST 1996

In article <2DC1603101B938D9 at office.mmc.org>, varyc.mmcri at mmc.org wrote:

> Hi all,
> has anyone ever successfully subjected Southern transferred DNA to PCR amplification i.e. amplification off
> nylon or nitrocellulose?? References??
>
> Cal Vary

Check it out:

Maskell D.  Szabo M.  High N. "PCR amplification of DNA sequences from
nitrocellulose-bound, immunostained bacterial colonies" Nucleic Acids
Research 21(1):171-2 (1993)

Bej AK.  Mahbubani MH.  Dicesare JL.  Atlas RM "Polymerase chain
reaction-gene probe detection of microorganisms by using
filter-concentrated samples" Applied & Environmental Microbiology.
57(12):3529-34 (1991)

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!