Blocking Chloroplast RNA

Peter Gegenheimer pgegen at DawnTreader.bio.ukans.edu
Thu Apr 4 22:35:08 EST 1996

In <Pine.A32.3.92a.960403142614.17074B-100000 at homer01.u.washington.edu>, Edward Doran <edoran at u.washington.edu> writes:
>Good Afternoon,
>       I'm looking for a way to block chloroplast RNA transcription.  The
>trick is that I'm working with a chromophytic alga that appears to be
>rifampicin resistant.  Any suggestions?
>       Thanks in advance! :)
>
>Enjoy,
>Ed

Plant chloroplast RNA polymerase is sensitive to a fungal peptide called
Tagetin(TM). I haven't used it but that is the claim. It's available from
Epicentre in Madison, WI (800-284-8474); their catalogue has some literature
references you could check out.

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer           | Vox: 913-864-3939  FAX: 913-864-5321  |
| Departments of Biochemistry     |  pgegen at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu            |
|   and of Botany                 |  http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu        |
| The University of Kansas        | "After you eliminate the impossible,  |
| 2045 Haworth Hall               | whatever remains, however improbable, |
| Lawrence KS  66045-2106         | must be the truth."        S. Holmes  |