firefly luciferase

martin LEACH leach at
Fri Apr 5 07:55:38 EST 1996

Hi Michael,

Steve Kay in U Virginia has done some very cool stuff with imaging of
in arabidopsis (looking at circadian rhythms)....very neat demo of this
on promega's luciferase symposium video.

Here is some contact info

@whois andrewm
| AndrewM's real name is "Andrew J. Millar".
| Institution: Univ. of Virginia
| Occupation:  Post-Doctoral Fellow (LSRF)
| Email address:  ajm2m at

Andrew Millar I believe was his grad student that did a lot of the imaging

tell Steve I say hi....if you contact him

Michael Cooley (szcooley at wrote:
: I am looking for a protocol to use to get a picture of plant roots which
: are producing light from the firefly luciferase fusion to PR1 promoter.
: Any information regarding the use of firefly luciferase to creat an image
: would be appreciated regardless of the specific application. We are
: trying to figure out what type of apparatus is needed. Thanks, Mike
: Cooley, UCDavis, Davis,CA 95616

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)

My homepage:
Biotech company WWW REgistry has moved to:
Check out the Biotech Rumor mill: